How do I fix medical billing errors? Just like you, these days, more and more Americans are asking how to fix medical billing errors. Our healthcare system is becoming larger, more bureaucratic, and medical billing codes, which are used to charge items during a patient’s stay, are easily mistaken and misinterpreted by those entering them.
Because of all of these factors, medical billing errors are becoming more and more common. In fact, approximately 8 out of 10 medical bills today contain medical billing errors. What this means is that every person who receives a medical bill should scrutinize them thoroughly, and make sure they are paying a fair and accurate amount.
- Were you billed for medical tests that are covered by your insurance?
- Have you been double-charged for a medical operation?
- Has the hospital inflated your charges for basic items like facial tissues and nursing supplies?
Fixing medical billing errors can be a long and tiring process.
- You can contact the hospital and your insurance provider, send them an itemized list of your concerns, wait for them to investigate your claims and respond with an oftentimes insignificant offer.
- You can negotiate with your health services provider yourself, and very often find that they aren’t sensitive to your claims.
- You can file a complaint with the health services provider, and enter a very long civil litigation process with the hospital or other medical provider.
However, in most cases, hiring a real medical billing expert is your best bet for achieving meaningful results, for a few reasons.
First, medical billing codes are extremely difficult to understand, and it takes a special set of skills and experience to find medical bill errors and to negotiate a fair settlement. Chances are, if you’ve found one billing error, or even several, on your medical bills, that there could be many more that might be nearly impossible for someone without an extensive knowledge of medical billing codes to find.
Second, medical billing experts can save you precious time and resources by handling the negotiations process for you, and works on contingency, meaning they only get paid based on how much money they earn for you.
Third, no matter how many medical bill errors there may be on your bill, a true medical billing expert should be able to negotiate a significant discount off of your bills, often as much as 20% – 50% or more, and that is in addition to finding and correcting the medical billing mistakes. The medical bill expert can also help negotiate a payment plan for you, that will help make the expenses more manageable, and help relieve you of the stress of paying your medical bill all at once. This can also preserve your good credit record by keeping your account from being turned over to a collection agency.
If you have found mistakes on your medical bills, or feel that you are being overcharged, then don’t worry. We are true medical billing experts, and we want to help you save time, money, and stress. Contact Us at Medical Bill Rehab, and we will help you get your medical bills corrected and reduced.